Growing, very reputable and well established manufacturer located in the Sarasosta, Florida area is looking for an EHS Specialist.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work Monday thru Thursday from 1:30 PM to Midnight.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensuate with experience ranging from $23/hr to $24.25/hr including a comprehensive array benefits, paid vacation and a matching 401k.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $47,000 - 51,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Follow the organization's HS&E policies, procedures and mandatory instructions; to identify and mitigate environmental risks and risks to the wellbeing of oneself and others in the workplace; instruct the team in safe working methods; identify instances of risky behaviors within the team and take appropriate action, escalating serious issues as appropriate.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety.
- Assist operations and management in the review of incidents to determine root causes and corrective actions. Assist operations leaders, as needed, with corrective actions
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Accountable for the safety of all team members for whom they are responsible for through active engagement in safety activities and provides clear, consistent communication of safe work expectations
- Assist the EHS Specialists and Manager as an internal resource on regulatory and safety policy issues and help develop processes with documented procedures for compliance as required.
- Assist department managers, leaders, and team members with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Perform EHS inspections & assessments such IH, PPE, LOTO, and machine guarding.
- General Education Associates Degree with proficiency with EHS regulatory requirements. GSP, CSHO or OSHA 511 certification or higher.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.