Test Design Engineer for immediate Direct or temp to direct opportunity in the Franklin, MA area. This position supports the introduction of new products from design into manufacturing. Engages with Research & Development, and Manufacturing to develop Test and Test Equipment for complex analytical instrumentation. This person's also responsible for managing and leading the development of the production test and test equipment to support product quality within production. A great fit will be someone who has a great understading of code, programming and firmware. Must have BS/MS degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Science along with minimum of 5-10 years of experience in operations, engineering, product development. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: Milford, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop and support automated test equipment for production of laboratory instrumentation. Test equipment is developed on a broad set of technologies used within our products, including flow measurement, optics, chemistry, pneumatics.
- Responsible for managing and leading the development of the production test and test equipment to support product quality within production.
- Participate with cross functional teams on continuous improvement initiates, automation activities, production testing and the resolution of manufacturing issues. Cross functional groups including Design Engineering, Supplier Mgmt, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Collaborate with product designers/developers to embed production tests within product diagnostics: Recommending improvements, proposing solutions, and establishing test requirements.
- Support the validation IQ/OQ/PQ protocol validation of test equipment and software.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure process problems are resolved based on sound engineering concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes: first pass yields, productivity, and costs.
- Technical support for global production sites.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- ISO 9001
- ISO 13485
- PC Based Test Equipment
- Electro-mechanical assemblies
- Six Sigma
- A/D, D/A, amplifiers
- NI Test Stand
- DAQ system
- Mechanical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.