A leading manufacturer in the Pharmaceutical and Food/Beverage industry is looking for a formulation Scientist to join their team near Troutman, North Carolina. This company has been around since the late 90's and is consistently growing. Due to this growth, they are looking for a Formulation Scientist to join their team. This person will be responsible for activities such as formula development, sourcing raw materials, overseeing the process from scale-up, and developing experiments.
The salary is commensurate with experience up to $90K plus great benefits and relocation assistance. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Troutman, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plans and conducts scientific experiments in the formulation laboratory associated with early prototyping, development of finished products, scale up of formulas and site transfers of products;
- Authors technical documents (e.g. formulation development protocols and reports, SOPs ..) and records accurate and complete experimental protocols and results;
- Supports process engineer for the scale-up, process development and pilot batch manufacture;
- Develops collaborative relationships with other formulation scientists from other categories and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing;
- Identify problems and offer effective solutions through development or modification of test methodology;
- Schedules and performs experiments to meet project objectives and deadline. Reviews test results in alignment with the project goals, identifies potential causes of variances and make potential recommendations to solve problems in collaboration with more senior formulators;
- Actively participates to formulation network meetings to exchange knowledge and information on methods, technologies, ideas;
- Ensures all formulation activities are developed in accordance with BOV policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs and safety requirements. Maintains & promotes good housekeeping (order & cleanliness) and safe behavior in the formulation labs;
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and reviews other formulation scientists data (e.g. data integrity checks, second eye for batch manufacture);
- Authors formulation reports with conclusions and recommendations to help prepare relevant documentation for registration (CTD, IMPD, PIF);
- Develops new laboratory procedures and / or improve existing procedures and ways of working;
- Responsible for monitoring, archiving and general administration of formulation data;
- Checks and manages inventories of supplies and raw materials;
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things; actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Control
- Research & Development
- Process Improvement
- Product Development
- Product Formulation
- Food and Beverage
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.