Very reputable and well established manufacturer is looking to hire a Plant Engineer, this position will be located in the Harrisburg, PA area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $100k plus bonus and relocation assistance is available.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of capital projects and machine reliability and in partnership with the Maintenance Department, will manage ongoing capital needs, coordinating plant shutdowns and down days with the Maintenance Department. The Plant Engineer has impeccable planning and execution skills and is an effective communicator and will be responsible for meeting all safety, quality, service, and cost goals for all capital projects.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide technical support to operating departments in statistical applications, process capability assessment, and problem-solving.
- Coordinate resources to ensure timely and accurate execution of plant projects for process improvement and new product development efforts.
- Develop a detailed long-range budget for the plant's annual capital expenditures to present to Corporate Engineering and Finance.
- Support all plant products, processes, and materials trials.
- Ensure that plant operations conform to technically and environmentally related OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Implement cost reduction opportunities and means to strengthen the organization.
- Improve machine reliability and plant efficiency using root cause analysis tools including Pareto charts, 5 whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, etc.
- Create and maintain a culture to identify and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Identify controls and automation upgrade opportunities, and implement upgrades with our corporate controls group.
- Familiar with Programmable Logic Circuits (PLCs), Ladder logic, and drive interface (HMI). Preferably Allen Bradley experience
- Planning, prioritization, organizational and reporting skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably ChemE, EE or ME)
- Should have knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings/lubrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics (PLCs/HMI/Programming).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.