Very reputable and well established manufacturing company is looking for a Controls Engineer in the DeSoto, Texas area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $100k plus bonus and relocation assistance is available.
We are looking for a Controls Engineer who will provide leadership and technical expertise in support of the safe and reliable operation of the manufacturing plant. Primary focus will be on electrical projects dealing with controls, data acquisition, power distribution, wiring and other related issues. Responsibilities include the troubleshooting of control, instrument, and electrical problems adversely affecting the manufacturing process. In addition, it is expected that this individual will assist and provide training to maintenance, production or other technicians as needed with technical or troubleshooting related matters. The selected candidate will be skilled in the design, installation, and upkeep of PLC based controls in a manufacturing environment.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Desoto, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage the design and installation of electrical/electronic equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles. This includes writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, as they relate to a continuous operation process.
- Partner with the maintenance planner to ensure electrical projects are properly scheduled on PMD's, and partner with the maintenance engineer to develop a good electrical/electronic preventative maintenance system.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic PLC based systems.
- Periodically investigate and make an analysis of electrical or electronic based problems associated with the production operations, and take the appropriate action to correct these problems.
- Assist and train maintenance, production or other technicians as needed with technical or troubleshooting related matters.
- Contribute to capital projects initiated by on-site engineering resources or the corporate Controls Team.
- Develop capital project scope of works and create detailed funding requests for assigned projects.
- Direct the work of outside contractors and maintenance staff during project installations.
- Assist and train maintenance, production, and other employees as needed with technical or troubleshooting related matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering coupled with experience in an industrial continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Allen Bradley programmable controls systems (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and legacy platforms.
- Proficiency with Allen Bradley PLC software (RSLogix 5000 and legacy software)
- Experience with Allen Bradley PowerFlex variable frequency drives
- Expertise focused on electrical components, electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, and variable speed AC and DC drives. Demonstrated process control experience in defining, designing, installing, and maintaining control logic systems and equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Process control experience in defining, designing, installing and maintaining control logic systems and equipment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirements for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.