Randstad is actively hiring a distribution engineer to work on high voltage power distribution projects. This position will help provide calculations and designs overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. Work on high level projects from CenterPoint and Entergy. Will assist in design activities, including quality reviews, review of high voltage materials, map out construction for project scopes, monitor and maintain project schedules, report changes that affect the schedule and budget, identify risks that may affect schedule and costs, and presenting opportunities to improve the design and construction of distribution projects.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plans construction and coordinates operation of facilities for transmitting power from distribution points to consumers: Lays out substations and overhead and underground lines in urban and rural areas.
- Prepares specifications and estimates costs.
- Makes complex electrical computations to determine type and arrangement of circuits and size, type and number of pieces of equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, switches, and lightning arresters.
- Computes sag and stress for specifications on wire and cable.
- Plans layout of pole lines and underground cable and solves problems, such as determining height, location, spacing, guying, and insulating of poles.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Power distribution
- Pole Guying (2 years of experience is required)
- Utilities (2 years of experience is required)
- CIAC (2 years of experience is required)
- Electrical Engineering (2 years of experience is required)
- Underground Utilties
- Overhead Utilities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.