job summary: Contract position:
Client involved in Oil & Gas plant engineering & construction projects is looking for an Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Engineer for a long term contract opportunity. You need 5-15 years of overall experience as an Instrument Engineer or I&C Engineer supporting heavy industrial (oil & gas, chemicals, power gen, etc...) plant EPC projects. Client is located in Kansas City, MO and prefers local candidates, but will consider all candidates regardless of where they live.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You will be involved in I&C engineering to include front-end planning, I&C quantity and cost estimation, conceptual studies, detailed design, factory acceptance testing (FAT), and construction & commissioning support for EPC projects in Oil & Gas refineries and Chemical industrial facilities
- Prepare instruments and control systems specifications, instruments and instrument valves data sheets, RFQs, technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations
- Prepare instrumentation calculations for control valves, flow orifices, and relief valves
- Conduct review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data
- Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, and detailers/designers.
- Participate in the development of P&ID's and equipment/subcontract package specifications
- Develop logic diagrams, instrument index, I/O list, cause & effects, and control narratives
- Able to support construction and startup & commissioning activities in the field, when required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Instrument Engineer
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Instrumentation Calculations
- Valve Specification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.