Well respected specialty electronics / computer engineering design and manufacturer is seeking hardware-centric Technical Support Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity in Lawrenceville, GA. Candidate will provide direct phone and e-mail support to customers and potential customers. Solid customer services skills and a passion for problem solving required.
location: LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $45 - 62 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Candidate will provide customer facing (phone, email, chat) support
- Assist users in troubleshooting over the phone and via e-mail - providing expertise, along with BIOS and driver files to solve problems
- Record specific customer information for each technical support call using appropriate database
- Associates Degree or equivalent, including experience - A computer-related Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in computer technical support environment or equivalent
- Familiar with standard PC peripherals such as com-ports, parallel ports, hard disk drives and controllers, video controllers, network interfaces, keyboard and mouse controllers - as well as associated cables, power supplies and backplanes
- Thorough knowledge of PC operating systems including Liinux - must be experienced with troubleshooting all aspects of PC operation
- Ability to quickly learn about new and complex products and quickly construct clear written procedures
- strong written and verbal communication, problem-solving skills required - must be able to multi-task
- Experience with writing scripts (PowerShell and Bash) is a plus
- Hardware certifications are also a plus
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- technical support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.