A prominent, global company in the Naval contracting industry is seeking an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager directs and coordinates activities of the engineering department to design and test components, products, and systems. The incumbent should be a leader and motivator. The company is offering a salary upwards of $200K for the right candidate, plus excellent benefits.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, and improve production techniques.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and prepares yearly budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.