Assembly Group Lead needed for a full-time second-shift opportunity in the Windsor, CT area. The Mechanical Group Lead will be responsible for supervising and coordinating mechanical assembly group, ensuring production schedules are met while assisting with hands on mechanical tasks as well. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $42,000 - 47,800 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
education: High School
- Review work orders, product specs, and blueprints for schedules work assignments within the department based on priority and worker skill.
- Assign duties to department members to coincide with current production schedules and ensure work is performed in a safe and qualified manner
- Requisition tools, supplies, and equipment for the department.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and discipline department members in coordination with the foreman.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all the company's tools assigned to the section, and the safe operation of such tools, machines, and equipment by department members.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and following the company's safety practices such as 5S and the department's safety checklist.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Read and interpret drawings (5 years of experience is required)
- Supervising and coordinating (3 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical tools (5 years of experience is required)
- Production schedules (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.