Client is looking for contractor for 18-24 month contract. Client is building a Modular Aseptic Processing (MAP) facility to provide contemporary aseptic processing capability at the Kalamazoo, Michigan facility. . The Construction Project Engineer will be responsible for the integration of the Capital Projects Visual Safety Standards program into the project and for developing a safety culture that will deliver an safety workplace and ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry standards through the Construction, Commissioning and Operational Readiness stages of the project.
location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Execution of the Environmental, Health and Safety program at Construction, Commissioning and Operations Readiness stages of the MAP Project.
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory, corporate, and Capital Project EHS requirements.
- Mentor and Coach MAP Project Leaders and Construction / Commissioning management to implement the Capital Projects Visual Safety Standards program.
- Organize and Lead safety meetings with Capital Projects Leadership team and MAP Project team and construction / commissioning / operations teams
- Prepare safety metrics and present project safety reports to the Capital Projects Leadership team and MAP Project team.
- Collaborate closely with the Construction / Commissioning Management Team and their Safety Leads.
- Liaise with the Site EHS department, where required.
- Develop, review and approve safe systems of work (i.e. risk assessments, work instructions, safety procedures, permits to work etc.)
- Verify the adequacy and application of the Health and Safety Plan and all related procedures through the evolution of the project.
- Conduct weekly formal project safety audits with the Construction management Team (CMT), manage audit findings and ensure all KPI's are measured and reported out.
- Develop and deliver EHS training, awareness and communications
- Participate in incident / near-miss investigations including root cause analysis and ensure preventative measures are fully implemented.
- Champion the Safety Behavioral Program by leading by example and role modelling good safety behavior and environmental practices to develop and support a high performing safety culture on the MAP Project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level degree in a safety or engineering discipline with a minimum 7-10 years' experience working on Capital Projects in pharmaceutical / manufacturing industries.
- strong technical and behavioral safety program aptitude and experience.
- Experience of establishing, implementing and maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety management systems in construction, commissioning and operational readiness stages of Capital Projects.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, presentation skills, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize as well as to work independently
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and adapt to changing priorities based on management's requirements and needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially on Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (4 years of experience is required)
- Safety engineering (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.