Brief Description: While maintaining a safe environment, a successful candidate will drive product quality by providing excellent customer service and assisting the sales team.
This individual must be able to drive quality and process improvements, resolve quality claims, and serve as a technical liaison. In addition, this position will manage all compliance requirements for various industry certifications.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OFFERED Requirements:
- Relevant college degree (Metallurgical, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering)
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers, developing positive relationship
- Ability to make informed decisions and find assistance when needed
- 5 Years work experience in Steel Production
- Proficiency in various computer programs i.e., Micros
location: Roanoke, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Help maintain safe work environment.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales, assisting with product quality and claims.
- Follow up on all claims with various departments, working to get resolution for customers.
- Work with customer to provide proper test reports and requirements.
- Manage all audits for ABS, ISO, DOTs, etc.
- Manage internal audits of quality system
- Update/input steel grade chemistries.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- quality systems (1 year of experience is required)
- Six Sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.