A prominent food packaging company is seeking an EH&S Specialist for their faciity in Mira Loma, CA. The position reports directly to the General Manager and indirectly to the Corporate Director of Quality and assumes a leading role in the implementation and maintenance of the ISO14001 Environmental Management System. The EHS Specialist will also train company employeesand act as the technical expert for health and safety matters. This is a full time direct hire position with full benefits!
location: Mira Loma, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible to plan, disseminate, implement and continuously develop the environmental management system according to the policy. This will include the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of all ISO14001 programs and system including external and internal audits.
- Facilitates compliance with all federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements. This function involves extensive recordkeeping, monitoring, report preparation, inspection, procedure development and revision, training, and extensive verbal and written communication at all levels of the organization and with interfacing agencies and organizations. Responsible for ensuring all reporting is conducted timely.
- Minimize hazardous conditions from human error, equipment and machine operations, which may lead to human injury and/or property damage through elimination, engineering, administration, and/or personal protective equipment (PPE) control measures.
- Manages all environmental projects associated with energy, water and waste at the site.
- Implementation, reporting and auditing of all existing air discharge permits; waste water discharge permits; storm water discharge permits; hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste programs and associated programs. This includes annual review of all applicable regulations.
- Review all accident reports for thoroughness of investigations and adequacy or corrective actions, and investigate all work-related accidents, incidents, and occupational illnesses. Maintain related records, and perform analysis to identify trends and causes. Make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.