Our client in Ball Ground, GA is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will Design and Layout Cryogenics Piping Systems including: detailed general arrangement Isometric drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) and 2D fabrication drawings. Must have experience in drafting standards and be proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks. This position supports outside sales, technical design, and in-house production
location: Ball Ground, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design Vacuum Jacketed Piping (VJP) systems IAW ASME B31.3 & ASME B31.12.
- Understanding P&IDs and converting to dimensioned isometric drawings
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis, thermal analysis, fluid flow analysis, expansion joints, and pipe supports.
- Experience in AutoCAD to create 2D Isometric general arrangement drawings and 2D Isometric fabrication drawings creating piping designs, pipe routings and detailing components utilizing AutoCAD
- Create and review Bill of Materials (BOMs) after customer has approved drawing. Must have strong knowledge of pipe and pipe fittings.
- Review Isometric general arrangement and fabrication drawings in AutoCAD
- Produces ACAD spool drawings for shop to build by; this entails figuring parts used, cut lengths and details
- Generate mechanical piping take-offs
- Work needs to be completed in a timely manner in conjunction with production schedule
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Design
- Piping Design (4 years of experience is preferred)
- pipe stress (1 year of experience is required)
- thermal dynamics (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.