Global manufacturer in the Overland Park, KS area is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to add to their growing team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of design engineering experience as well as 5 years of project management experience in manufacturing. Bachelor's degree in engineering required. Medical device product experience highly preferred. This position involves taking designed products into production and requires the skill of managing multiple projects.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Lenexa, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job scope includes: customer communications, team member coordination, project scheduling, risk assessment, budgets, as well as the technical requirements, driving accountability and ownership within the engineering team for performance, and leading the efforts to ensure a smooth transition from design to offshore manufacturing.
- Generates a detailed schedule for new product development projects.
- Works with project team to identify risks and enact mitigation plans.
- Heavy customer interactions to clearly determine the project definition and objectives.
- Works with the technical team to design and test the new product...
- Facilitates communication between essential parties through the product development life cycle.
- Forecasts resource needs and works with the Engineering Department's management group align resources with project tasks.
- Materials management throughout the development process
- Serves as overall champion for driving the project to meet its objectives.
- Generates, tracks and manages project budget.
- Assumes the primary communication role with the customer for all development related aspects of the project.
- Leads costing effort while supporting quoting activities of new business opportunities.
- Mentors less experienced Project Managers, assisting them with technical problems; training them on correct project management methods; sharing knowledge and encouraging job and skill growth.
- Minimum 5 years product design engineering and 5 years Project Management experience
- Technical experience designing products for mass production
- Experience taking designed products into manufacturing, either with internal or contract manufacturer, working directly with the manufacturer to ensure a successful product launch
- B.S. degree required: Electrical Engineering preferred but may consider Mechanical Engineer with electro-mechanical systems design experience in manufacturing
- Experience working with offshore design and manufacturing teams
- Medical device product experience highly preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Must be a team player with hands-on work ethic and excellent communicator
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical Engineering (5 years of experience is required)
- Product Design (5 years of experience is required)
- Project Management (5 years of experience is required)
- Product Development (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.