A leading manufacturer of off highway equipment and components is searching for a Metallurgical Engineer to develop and maintain metallurgical practices and products at their production facility near Chino. You will be tasked with leadership in Serve as technical point of contact toward the resolution of metallurgical problems and quality issues, improving quality, reducing costs and improving safety. Background in mechanical/chemical engineering a plus.
location: La Verne, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 91,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform root cause failure analyses and material investigations on mechanical components used in heavy manufacturing, power transmission and aerospace industries, including gearing, shafts, bearings, fasteners, chains, couplings, piping, brakes, crankshafts and connecting rods. Prepare detailed written reports of results.
- Develop and maintain metallurgical practices and products
- Serve as technical point of contact toward the resolution of metallurgical problems and quality issues
- Maintain plant's manufacturing capabilities system (machine and product) in order to assist customers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Process Improvement
- Brazing (4 years of experience is required)
- Research & Development (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.