Quality Engineer located in Huntersville, NC for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. This role is responsible to assist in identifying risks, investigating quality problems, identifying and implementing quality controls, and qualifying new or revised products and processes. This is a long-term contract opportunity for one (1) year with possible extension. APPLY NOW!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as Excel & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with quality techniques such as SPC, Six Sigma, and measurement systems analysis.
- Previous exposure to production processes in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and strategies, including root cause analysis, 8D, 5Why, PDCA methodologies.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
location: Huntersville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Support the development and execution of qualification plans for new products and changes to existing products/processes.
- Support the identification of risks to product quality and the development of mitigation plans.
- Assist internal and external manufacturing sites in developing Advanced Product Quality Planning tools including Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Control Plans, and PPAP.
- Collaborate with internal/external groups to help determine root cause of customer/consumer defects, complaints, and corrective/preventative actions.
- Support the performance and follow-up of Quality Management System Audits.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to identify quality improvement opportunities and opportunities to reduce Cost of Quality.
- Assess product to determine if specification/quality requirements are satisfied.
- Assist with the development of Quality-related procedures and forms.
- Collecting ,analyzing, and summarizing data in reports to management with recommendations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.