A Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Engineer is needed for a leading machinery manufacturing organization in Atlanta, GA. The Mechanical Design Engineer/ Project Engineer is responsible for managing mechanical design builds for complex high speed packaging machinery.
Qualified candidates must have a BSME or BSMET, and 5+ years of experience leading mechanical system design for packaging machinery. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Create conceptual designs for both complete packaging systems as well as individual mechanisms; conduct preliminary feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Manage project documentation and bills of materials
- Work in tandem with electrical design and electrical assembly groups to ensure successful implementation of packaging system design
- Oversee project/product management including scheduling, planning, estimating and resource assignment throughout the full product life cycle
- Interface directly with customers on machine problems; Establish relationships with technical personnel in the field and provide troubleshooting assistance when needed
- Experience level:
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Design (2 years of experience is required)
- Solidworks (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering (1 year of experience is required)
- Machine Design (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.