A Process Controls Engineer is needed for a leading Industrial Manufacturing organization. The Process Controls Engineer is responsible for control system equipment, system software, and application software that controls the process. The Process Controls Engineer will design and implement process control strategies including regulatory control, control sequence, logic, and advanced control for both continuous and batch processes.
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Engineering, and 4+ years of related Process Controls Engineering experience within an industrial setting. Candidates with Honeywell Experion or TDC are preferred, and experience with Allen Bradley or ControlLogix PLC's are desired. Candidates coming from a Pulp and Paper Mill are coveted. This is a direct-hire role, and relocation is available for qualified candidates.
location: Macon, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,500 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design and implement process control strategies including regulatory control, control sequence, logic, and advanced control for both continuous and batch processes
- Develop, modify and enhance HMI
- Monitor control system performance, which includes loop analysis and tuning
- Implement new control system technology
- Support process problem solving by identifying sources of process upsets and other anomalies
- Develop and maintain alarm systems
- Support capital projects; Develop project justification and manage a capital project or sub-project related to process controls
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Control (4 years of experience is required)
- DCS (4 years of experience is required)
- Honeywell (4 years of experience is required)
- PLC (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.