Research Technician located in Alpharetta, GA at a leading Chemical Manufacturing organization. This is a contract to permanent opportunity. This role is responsible to perform a variety of routine and complex analytical procedures in the analysis of polymers, composite materials, and raw materials. To be considered for this position - candidates must have B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Physics, Material Science or related discipline with at least three (3) years of analytical laboratory experience within a lab environment. APPLY NOW!
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Physics, Material Science or related discipline
- Must have at least three (3) years of analytical laboratory experience within a lab environment
- Experience of GC, GCMS, HPLC, and sample preparation methodologies
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to complete instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of GC & MS equipment
- Experience in the characterization of polymeric materials.
- GPC or SEC experience
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for providing testing and data collecting activities to the R&D Department.
- Perform a variety of routine and complex analytical procedures in the analysis of polymers, composite materials, and raw materials
- Use various testing techniques including but not limited to gas chromatography (GC and GCMS) and liquid chromatography (HPLC and LCMS)
- Responsible for developing new analytical methods, supporting best practices in the separation science laboratory, maintaining analytical equipment, and working as a member of a team
- Record and interpret test results. Report data into LIMS system
- Prepare samples for testing as required by test methods
- Keep lab equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and performing preventive maintenance.
The essential functions of this role include:
- standing for 4 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Research & Development
- Chemical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.