A prominent company in the food packaging industry is seeking a Process Engineer to improve the continuous manufacturing process. The position is responsible for supporting the Director of Engineering on Equipment, Customer and Material projects, as well as Process Improvements to reduce downtime and increase efficiency in the manufacturing process. The Process Engineer recommends and supports improvements for production, operational efficiency, and safe operations; provides engineering expertise to optimize process systems and implement cost reduction opportunities; and assists operations and directs maintenance in troubleshooting existing processes in order to eliminate safety, quality, or production problems. This is a direct hire position with full benefits and opportunity for annual bonus!
location: Shreveport, Louisiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead identified process improvement initiatives from project inception to long-term sustainment.
- Perform production troubleshooting in all areas of manufacturing.
- Assist General Managers to resolve manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure safe operations and prevent operational delays and downtime while minimizing costs.
- Manage sourcing, justification and implementation of capital equipment projects
- Manage refurbish and improvement of existing equipment to maximize asset utilization.
- Develop and implement process changes to improve quality, reduce operating cost, and/or improve reliability and productivity through training, development, and project activities.
- Develop approaches for analyzing the effectiveness of key processes.
- Reduce down time while increasing manufacturing line effectiveness, yields, and cost.
- Lead and participate in team activities (Safety, Lean-sigma, etc.), providing leadership to keep teams goals and results consistent with company direction.
- Document and update standard operating procedures and assist training of staff to ensure consistent application.
- Work to establish a culture of process improvement, and serve as a catalyst for positive change.
- Ability to prioritize work to keep projects moving toward identified goal, completion date and drive results on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.