Immediate opportunities for Test Technicians for a leading mfg of power equipment and consumer products located in Koher, WI. In this role you will perform a variety of complex tests on engines, carburetors, and components to determine life characteristics and failure mechanisms. You will also observe and record results of tests. This is an opportunity to be part of a team responsible for leading innovations in gracious living by supporting the engine and engine component product development process.
location: KOHLER, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 21.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Set up instrumentation including thermocouples and pressure transducers, and perform a variety of basic tests as required (power checks, fuel consumption, governor stability).
- Observe, process, and report test data results with Microsoft Office which may affect outcome of future tests or may lead to new or useful information.
- Maintain complete records of all scheduled and completed tests including procedures used and result obtained.
- Maintain or obtain adequate inventory of supplies to perform tests as they are scheduled. Notify appropriate personnel of items that must be ordered.
- Multi-task daily workload with direction and prioritization from lab supervisor and/or scheduler. Coordinate the work activities with other technicians as required. Communicate to ensure smooth transition between shifts.
- Prepare sample engines and components for testing to customer application or specification per engineer.
- Makes basic product improvement recommendations based on test observations. Recommend enhancements of test systems or procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Electrical (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.