A prominent food packaging company is seeking a Purchasing Manager for their headquarters in the Jackson, WI area. Develop and implement purchasing strategies. Responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding supply needs, and overseeing the daily purchasing activities. This is a high priority hire with a growing company that offers an excellent benefits package and bonus opportunity!
location: Jackson, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies.
- Manage daily purchasing activities, supervise staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Manage domestic and overseas ordering to meet business needs.
- Maintaining supplier data base, purchase records, and related documents.
- Coordinating with production control to determine and manage inventory needs to meet sales and production projections.
- Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Improve purchasing systems and process. Propose and implement approved changes to the purchasing systems that will improve vendor relationships and lower that cost of doing business.
- Manage day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that buyer achieves their personal performance goals.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing systems.
- Continuous improvement of KPIs for Out of stocks and Inventory Turns.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
- Project Manager
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.