Sr. EHS Specialist
Growing, well established and very reputable manufacturing company is looking for a Sr. EHS Specialist for the Sarasota, Florida area.
This role will be Monday thru Friday from 8:00-4:30 and it comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a salary ranging from $60k to $65k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate with have EHS experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on developing and administering facility EHS programs in accordance with OHSH, ANSI, EPA and local/state/federal regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures and objectives.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Evaluate new chemicals and chemical use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Manage/implement complex industrial hygiene programs for multiple facilities.
- Monitor industrial hygiene (chemical & physical hazards).
- Conduct routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepare reports, recommend improvements and communicate findings to site leadership.
- Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel are aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements.
- Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- Direct and lead local regulatory compliance to include, but not limited to: Title V, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, and storm water discharge.
- Create and manage a database for all regulatory permits and related documents.
- Oversee all aspects of the company's recycling, solid, hazardous, bio-hazardous, and universal waste programs.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing health/safety hazards and environmental impact.
- Assist in compliance reviews, risk assessments, audits and inspections to support EHS and PGT objectives.
- Conduct and/or review incident investigations and the development of appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Perform EHS inspections & assessments such IH, PPE, LOTO, and machine guarding.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, or Science - Preferred
- Proficient with EHS regulatory requirements, including OSHA, EPA, ANSI, ASTM, DOT, RCRA, EPCRA, etc.
- Must possess hands-on professional health, safety, and environmental experience in manufacturing environments
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) - Preferred
- Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) - Preferred
- Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred
- OSHA 30 Hour - Preferred
- OSHA 501/511 - Preferred
- Certified Safety and Health Officer (CSHO) - Preferred
- HAZWOPER - Preferred
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Training - Preferred
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) - Preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.