job summary: Contract Opportunity:
Engineering client has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a GIS Specialist/Drafter for a temp to possible perm opportunity in Chicago, IL or Detroit, MI. You will be expected to assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for multiple electric utility transmission and distribution construction projects. You need to be local to one of these cities.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist in GIS analysis, data development, data maintenance and data preparation for use in GIS applications
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks
- Reviewing field data in via ArcGIS Online
- Work directly with the client's ESRI ArcMap system to choose compatible units applicable to the scope at each pole.
- Work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement
- Utilize various software packages & information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and calculations; create and maintain BOM and cable schedule
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- ArcView GIS
- ESRI Software
- GIS Analyst
- GIS Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.