A Consumer Electronics Compliance Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Menlo Park, CA area. The main function of the Consumer Electronics Compliance Engineer is to identify, detail, and manage hardware compliance challenges for next generation AR devices.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $54.66 - 83.33 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Is experienced in consumer electronics compliance regulations and processes around ESD, Emissions, FCC, EU, etc
- Complies with legal requirements of hardware consumer electronics devices by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Monitor, assess, and communicate regulatory changes and emerging compliance risks and trends to key partners and stakeholders.
- Assist business, Compliance, and other control function partners in responding to client escalations by conducting , compiling and presenting research as required.
- Remain current on emerging trends and developments, both within the local region and globally, affecting the regulatory environment.
- Has hands-on experience with debugging hardware compliance challenges on programs together with engineers
- Ability to understand and interpret complex regulatory legislation.
- Works well independently and a strong team player.
- strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Visio.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Has experience as a hardware compliance engineer
- Excellent business writing skills to update regulatory artifacts, Standard Operating Procedures, training material, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.