A leading global chemical manufacturer located in Augusta, GA is seeking a Process Control Engineer to join their team. This role is responsible to install, program and maintain the plant DCS, controls and automaiton equipment. To be considered - B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and at least five (5) years Process Controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is required. Candidate will have experience in a Distributive Control Systems (Delta V). This is a permanent opportunity and relocation assistance is provided. APPLY NOW!
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Must have at least five (5) years Process Controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience in a Distributive Control Systems (Delta V)
- DCS hardware design experience
- PLC programming experience (Allen Bradley)
location: Augusta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Promoting the utilization of regulatory and advanced controls schemes to increase the automation of the unit to improve quality, production capacity, and reduce manual intervention.
- Developing and documenting new strategies to troubleshoot instrumentation, diagnose operational interruptions, and maximize overall equipment effectiveness.
- Working with unit operation team and process engineers to identify and implement new ways to increase product yields, reduce energy usage, and optimize the value of byproducts.
- Coaching operations and other technical personnel on the concepts and use of control strategies.
- Generating new control strategies or instrument utilization projects which improve unit operations.
- Working in a team environment with other Process Control Engineers to maintain the overall site control system hardware and software.
- Using Plant Dynamic Simulation tools to model existing process and develop new APC strategies.
- Process control algorithm development, prototyping and implementation.
- Classical control theory (Laplace, State Space, Bode, Robustness Linear identification).
- Classical signal processing theory (Fourier, FFT, filtering algorithm design).
- PID tuning and implementation.
- Organize, design and carry out the development, implementation and maintenance of Advanced/Basic Control and Process Optimization
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Control
- Delta V
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.