Mechanical Engineer P.E.
Our client is seeking an experienced, full-time licensed Mechanical Engineer to join their mechanical engineering department. They primarily serve wood products, pulp and paper, specialty metals, and green energy industrial clients and are looking for someone with industrial engineering experience.
They are willing to consider an E.I.T. able to get their P.E. within 1-year in their location of choice: Oregon, Washington State, or Georgia.
This position will involve work on industrial and manufacturing projects.
location: EUGENE, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and execution of mechanical design projects requiring strong technical knowledge and experience in the industries that our client serves. The person in this role will provide technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems, while working within a multi-disciplined team.
This position will involve work on industrial and manufacturing projects. Assignments may include leading or participating in the design aspects of:
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Fluid systems, including process piping for steam, chemical, gas, and other industrial services
- Industrial plant process layouts
- Material handling equipment, including belt conveyors, drag chain conveyors, screw conveyors, etc.
- Atmospheric tanks and pressure vessels, including ASME Section VIII standards
- HVAC systems for industrial and/or commercial applications
- Experience with design and drafting of systems, components, and structures based on industry-specific standards, experience in industrial facilities and familiarity with applicable codes and standards
- Project management duties
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Professional Engineer (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.