Automation & Robotics Engineer is needed for leading chemical manufacturer located in Stamford, CT to join their research and development team on a contract assignment. This person will be responsible to support research applications laboratories in the development of innovative products in the areas of robotics, mechatronics, and software design. Ideal candidate will have B.S degree Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Robotics Engineering or related field with at least three (3) years of hands-on experience in programming using Python and MATLAB. This is great contract opportunity to join a growing chemical organization. APPLY NOW!
- BS Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, or Robotic Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering
- Hands-on experience in programming to setup communication between multiple devices using Python and MATLAB
- Able to extract data from images/videos using OpenCV or similar libraries
- Experience with robotic platforms, such as Tecan, Zinsser, Chemspeed, Gilson or Opentrons is a plus
- Experience in programming 6 Axis collaborative robotic arms, or x,y,z platform is a plus
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Support research applications laboratories in the development of innovative products
- Build algorithm codes for instrument control & software design.
- Lead projects applying the Agile methodology: build collaborative projects with customers, define technical scope, timing and budget, prototype and design user-friendly tools for researchers.
- Interact with internal customers to analyze workflows and to identify automation opportunities.
- Act as an opportunity scout for internal customers, by assessing the needs of Solvay's Stamford, CT and Bristol, PA research center laboratories
- Interface with a larger global company network to ensure that a lab data strategy is implemented on research projects.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.