Immediate opening for a Contract Administrator for a manufacturing company in the Virginia Beach area. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years of experience discovering risks in agreements, and ensuring contracts conform to legislative requirements and meet company goals. All candidates are encouraged to apply!
location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for day-to-day interface with external customers, vendors, and company management on contractual matters related to all contracts. Explain terms and conditions to managers and interested parties.
- Cradle-to-grave administration of a variety of contract documents, including but not limited to non-disclosure agreements between the company and clients, pricing agreements, business operation agreements, etc.
- Review contracts for conformity with standard terms, identify risks, recommend revisions, and negotiate changes
- Focus on handling both government and commercial contracts and coordinating with procurement
- Ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture and adherence to company policies
- Determine whether to escalate issues to the company's in-house counsel
- Maintain files for assigned contracts
- Maintain and provide status tracking from request to execution
- Collaborate effectively with other groups (sales and service team, technical team, project management office, account managers, accounting/finance) during all phases of the contract lifecycle
- Participate in the preparation and analysis of pricing policies, pricing agreements, and agreements of sale.
- Maintain and update contract templates (as approved by Legal), contractual records, changes, status reports, and other information.
- Manage the structure, processes, support, and growth of the department. Assist and provide training to other departmental contract professionals
- Assist management on other business-related issues.
- Review and update existing contracts, creating language standards for existing and new contracts
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Align departmental goals and projects in support of company objectives
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Contract Administration
- contract negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.