A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a leading automotive manufacturing organization. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development of plastic parts and conducting CAE. Responsibilities include evaluating injection mold flow to make improvements, and utilizing Abaqus to study rigidity, assembly forces and interface checks.
BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Plastic's engineering preferred, and candidates must have 2+ years of prior with injection mold flow. Proficiency with a CAD software, Catia preferably, and FEA background are required. This is a long-term contract assignment in the Lexington, KY area. Our client is only seeking local talent, or candidates willing to relocate on their own at this time.
location: Georgetown, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Create and modifying in plane Mesh data from Catia Part files
- Study injection mold flow and making suggestion for changes to improve flow
- Utilize Abaqus to study Part and mold rigidity, part sag and creep, assembly forces and interference checks
- Create offline robot program movements
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Mechanical Engineer (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Catia (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Abaqus (1 year of experience is required)
- Plastics (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.