A Mechanical Design Verification Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Menlo Park, CA area. As a Mechanical Design Verification Engineer in company's AR Product Hardware team, you will work with a world-class group of engineers to own the mechanical system level verification of our products. You will work closely with researchers, architects, and designers in architecting our method of mechanical verification for multiple state of the art systems. You will use your verification skills to define verification requirements, create test cases, design and implement the testing infrastructure, execute the testing, and report the results for the new product designs.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 76.66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform core function for verification of thermal, systems stress, vibration, etc.
- Design custom fixtures
- Keep track of coverage metrics and bugs encountered and fixed
- Own execution, interpretation, and reporting of mechanical system level verification work status and results
- Support system bring up and debug activities
- Clearly communicate test plans and results
- 5+ years of Mechanical System Verification for consumer electronics
- Experience with definition and implementation of test automation
- Experience with thermal, vibration, and stress analysis and verification
- Experience with the use of off-the-shelf mechanical test equipment
- Experience with test data collection and analysis
- Experience with part tolerance analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated and team player
- C#, Python, and LabView development experience
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.