Our client in San Diego, CA is looking for an Engineer who will execute specific duties related to Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems, focusing on electrical.
Provide field support for projects, with ability to walk-down and identify issues with MEP systems, communicate issues to stakeholders and drive resolution.
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Execute specific duties related to Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems, focusing on electrical.
- Provide field support for projects, with ability to walk-down and identify issues with MEP systems, communicate issues to stakeholders and drive resolution.
- Team member will be helping and interfacing with suppliers to deliver documents meeting our drawing requirements.
- Provide direct support and guidance for all Facilities compliance activities conducted within Manufacturing and related Operations.
- Partner in process improvement and global alignment Facilities compliance projects.
- Collaborate with departments to ensure compliance activities are executed efficiently and effectively, and in accordance with all governing documents and external guidelines.
- Provide Quality and Compliance support for assigned Facilities Operations, Validation, Engineering and Compliance in the AMR region.
- Interacts constructively with employees, managers and cross-functional peers.
- Manage competing priorities and allocate and optimize time to ensure targets and timelines are met.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in support of department functions.
- Develop, mentor, and train personnel and internal customers on relevant business processes.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement efforts to conform to regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Conduct quality-related activities to deliver consistent, high quality documents, services, products and processes, which adds value to the business.
- Key player in global document alignment and restructuring initiative.
- Provides compliant solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to advanced scope and complexity.
- May lead a project with a limited scope, but usually a contributor on broader projects.
- Coordinates quality decisions between different quality and engineering groups.
- Maintains awareness of standards that regulate our industry (ISO 13485 2003 & 2016; 21 CFR 820).
- Supporting and conducting internal audits of Facilities teams (Americas & Global)
- Ensures compliance to site level policies and procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to management within Division and Corporation as appropriate.
- Maintains vigilance to ensure adherence to Quality Policy and Quality system procedures by promptly reporting noncompliance issues to management.
- Ensures compliant documentation related to area of responsibility.
- Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion to own work detail.
- Ensures compliant documentation, carrying out tasks related to area of responsibility with management oversight.
- Implement approved action plan related to existing or missing documents
- Partake in cross-functional and cross-site relationships with Manufacturing, technical support groups, and R&D for root cause analysis, problem resolution and system/program optimization.
- Applies basic to moderate Risk Management principles to work.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in support of department functions. Develop, mentor, and train personnel and internal customers on relevant business processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Design Engineer
- Electrical Engineering
- MEP (4 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.