A Construction Project Engineer is needed for leading manufacturing organization. The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for managing overall project schedule, budget, and reporting for an industrial construction project.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of Construction Project Engineering or Management experience with industrial construction projects. In addition, qualified candidates must have overseen projects in excess of $5M. Proficiency with MS office is required. This is a long-term project slated to least a year in the eastern Long Beach, CA metro are. Our client is only seeking local talent at this time.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 49 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage overall project schedule and budget including management reporting; Prepare project status reports addressing schedule, budget, safety, and current open issues
- Develop scope of work for the procurement of AE and construction type services; Monitor contractor performance as to cost and schedule performance tracking
- Monitor delivery and review of shop drawings and submittals; Attend job site meetings with contractors and consultants to monitor progress on activities
- Evaluate, negotiate, and make recommendations regarding proposed change directives & change orders
- Oversee the contractor's Quality Control program and ensure Quality Control procedures adhere to the plans
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Construction (5 years of experience is required)
- Schedule Management (3 years of experience is required)
- Industrial Construction (3 years of experience is required)
- MS Project (3 years of experience is preferred)
- 5M Dollar Projects Managed (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.