Permanent Position: York, PA
Immediate opening for a Engineering Manager with a mechanical and industrial equipment design/engineering background in the York, PA area. Specific material handling or conveyors would be ideal, but any automated equipment will be highly considered.
**The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years experience in designing food processing equipment. The Engineering Manager will also have excellent communications skills with a proven ability to lead a diverse team of jr. level engineers and seasoned engineers to acomplish departmental goals within a high stress complex engineering environment.
location: York, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Managing the mechanical engineering department, perform quick and efficient engineering analysis on new designs and provide guidance to engineers and designers on project/technical issues; Provide professional leadership, accountability and training for the employees within the mechanical engineering department.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high stress environment with professionalism including all key engineering projects for custom machine design.
- Provide leadership and training for mechanical engineers.
- Manage the engineering schedule and assign tasks to engineers and designers to ensure projects are completed within schedule and budget.
- Oversee new project design and control, engineering changes and updates.
- Some customer contact to answer product related questions.
- Develop new equipment specification and purchasing
- Able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Design customized machinery and conveyor equipment from scratch, as well as utilize a library of existing parts
Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Engineering (2 years of experience is required)
- Engineering (2 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical Engineering (6 years of experience is required)
- Project Manager (6 years of experience is required)
- Project Engineering (6 years of experience is required)
- Capital Equipment (2 years of experience is required)
- Custom Machine Design
- Solidworks (8 years of experience is required)
- Material Handling Equipment (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Conveyor Equipment Design
- AutoCAD (2 years of experience is required)
- Food Processing Equipment (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Lead Design Engineer (1 year of experience is required)
- Custom Machine Manufacturing (6 years of experience is required)
- Engineering Schedule (1 year of experience is required)
- Engineering Tasks Assignments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.