Senior Estimtor needed for a full-time contract opportunity in the Hartford, CT area. The Senior Estimator is responsible for supporting, maintaining and updating cost estimating processes and associated major project cost estimates. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of cost estimates vs. actual project costs, identifying process improvements to drive improved accuracy for cost estimates. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support new cost estimating function to support major projects, including the development of estimates for major projects (typically over $1M).
- Standardize on cost estimating templates across the three state territory to ensure consistency and efficiency for developing cost estimates.
- Develop strong collaboration with discipline engineering and support services to ensure accurate and complete cost estimates.
- Identification and quantification of project risks and associated contingency assumptions.
- Utilize industry best practices for incorporating direct costs, indirect costs, support cost and overheads into project estimates.
- Establish and maintain cost estimating tools and databases to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
- Integrate process improvement tools and metrics to measure cost estimate accuracy, man-hour estimates to actuals, speed accuracy and cost to develop estimates, and ensure evolve estimate precision based on historical project estimates vs. actuals.
- Establish QA/QC measures to ensure coordination and process improvement with other stakeholders including Major Projects, Engineering, Operations, etc.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Estimating (8 years of experience is required)
- electrical utility industry (8 years of experience is required)
- Transmission experience (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Power Plan - FSSP (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.