Apply now for immediate consideration - Work from home. Well known tool manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Product Engineer / Designer with proven Creo skills for a home based 10 month contract job. See your work on display at your local hardware and big box store! Along with the team, the Product Designer will work to improve existing and design new innovative hand tools.
location: Huntersville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $34 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The Product Engineer will use Creo to help design new and modify existing innovative hand tools
- Assist other team members in improving designs relating to user experience, usability, DFM, reliability and appearance.
- Use prototyping processes including FDM, SLA, and a plurality of machining processes
- Update manufacturing documentation related to new and modified designs (bills of materials, routings and tool lists, etc.)
- BSME required, MSME a plus
- 3+ years in Product Design using Creo (Proven Creo skills are required)
- Knowledge of machining processes and design/materials for forgings/stampings is preferred
- Foundational knowledge of materials/metallurgy/failure analysis/FEA
- Familiarity with prototyping processes including FDM, SLA, and a plurality of machining processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Product Design
- Mechanical Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.