A Sr Engineering Project Assistant is needed for one of the world's largest suppliers of aerospace and defense products in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. This position is responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 19.07 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Job Skills & Attributes:
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to edit/format documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implements into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Perform as primary focal point, coordinating, tracking and reporting status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Operates within a Scaled Agile Framework environment and performs related duties to enable the team to work efficiently.
- Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Ability to generate reports in MS Excel, analyze and interpret data.
- Assists in tracking action items, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Facilitates the Bid & Proposal process and follows up with bidding engineers in order to meet deadlines.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Serves as a liaison between engineering teams, management and the customer.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally on occasion. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
Knowledge, Tools and Skills:
- Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
- Coordinating - Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
- Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
- Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
- Detail Orientation - Is able to provide the status of work assignments at any time and can quickly produce any documentation or information that is needed.
- Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
- Time Management - Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule.
- Writing - Uses language that is business appropriate in written documents.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel.
- Be a forward thinker and collaborate well in a team environment.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Possess extensive PC tool knowledge in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Commitment to learning new tools and processes.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Jama, DOORS, Jira, Confluence, Subversion, Ariba, SAP.
- Ability to coordinate multiple engineering projects simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 8 years experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.