A Senior Buyer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Tewksbury, MA area. This job plans, purchases and expedites material, equipment and services on a broad assignment basis usually involving important and critical items. Responsible for all purchasing/planning data in ERP system.
location: Tewksbury, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.94 - 45.23 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Generates on-time delivery reports. Manage vendor relationships and insures that all interactions between L3 and supplier representatives are in accordance with L3 policies.
- Provides procurement service level agreement support to subsidiaries per L3 Harris SDS policies and procedures
- Participates in a cross functional team to manage EOL components and drive continuous improvement within the process , improving the SDS supply chain
- Reports progress on all continuous improvement activities utilizing the report methodology set up by Project Managers /COE
- Meets with key suppliers, and document performance results in accordance with internal operating procedures.
- Drives continuous improvement with suppliers and within Purchasing practices and tool set.
- Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from various sources. Able to analyze large amounts of data, extrapolate insights and proactively communicate to management
- Performs spend analytics exercises in order to understand spend categories and supplier segmentation/commodity strategies
- Develop models to determine best in class total cost
- Solicits competitive quotations from qualified suppliers and prepare total cost analysis to determine best overall value including purchase price, freight terms, payments terms, quality of service and product specifications. Selects or recommends suppliers for a variety of moderately complex and technical products and services
- Develops and maintains supplier relations and negotiates supplier agreements
- Executes long term agreements, KanBan and Just-In-Time (JIT) purchasing.
- Analyzes purchase price variances and assists in the development of standard product costs. Monitor savings against individual and departmental cost savings objectives.
- Must have knowledge of legal practices and compliance systems including ISO
- Attends regular meetings for specific product lines and understand materials impact.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of the Part Maintenance file in the manufacturing database.
- Coordinates Engineering Change Order (ECO) activity that affects current inventory or open orders for assigned commodities as indicated on approved ECO's.
- Requests and evaluates vendor corrective action reports. Drives continuous improvement within supply base.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems.
- Complies with all internal policies and procedures
- May provide work leadership to lower level buyer/planners and clerical support.
- BA/BS in Business or a related field plus a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience or MS in Business or related field plus a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience.
- Related experience must be in diversified commodities
- Work experience must also include use of an MRP system, preferably in a high technology environment
- Must have advanced proficiency in computer applications such as Outlook and MS Office products with specific requirements for advanced Excel skills to include use of functions such as vlook-up, pivots, graphs and charts.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills with the ability to work independently in performing required job functions.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized to manage competing priorities successfully completing all
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- Advanced degree, preferred
- CPIM or CPM certification, preferred
- Prior experience using Cost Point is a distinct advantage
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.