The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining process flow including the design and layout, and installation of product lines. The Manufacturing Engineer will collaborate with the new product development team on design for manufacturability. Experience with robotic welding is a plus! This is an exciting company with a collaborative and laid back work culture!
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for the production line - design, layout, install, qualify, and maintain.
- Act as a change agent through direct involvement in processes.
- Lead and assist on Kaizan and 5S events
- Resource for and expert in hand and robotic welding.
- Understand material properties and how to effectively weld different materials, such as steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Expert in programming robotic welders.
- Assist in hand welding.
- Primary contact for other departments to the production line.
- Actively participate in the lean manufacturing initiatives, monitoring production quality indicators, and initiating improvement methods.
- Examine and suggest improvements for existing tooling, process equipment, controls, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
- Initiate Corrective Actions and Engineering Change Notices.
- Create and maintain the process flow (P-flow) and production documentation.
- Perform cost justifications, ROI, and feasibility studies for equipment procurement and process changes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.