Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is continuing to grow rapidly. This year alone, despite Covid, 12 people have been promoted from this Sales team. Benefits and 401k are active (and vested) on day 1.
The Technical Sales Account Manager is an integral member of the team to help the company thrive and my client is looking for the best of the best. If you or someone you know might benefit from speaking with me about this role, please apply today!
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support the sales staff and help to drive specification inclusion and product promotion through presentations to engineers, municipalities, contractors and owners.
- Perform field investigations of customer complaints if/when the company's product fails to meet the customer's expectations and make recommendations as to remedial action required to resolve the problem.
- Consult with owners and owner's representatives concerning the proper application of the company products.
- Assists in drafting project specifications incorporating ANSI, AWWA, ISO and other applicable standards.
- Assists in design of product systems to meet specific project needs incorporating ANSI, AWWA, DIPRA, ISO, and other applicable design procedures. This consultation may involve corrosion affects and prevention of the company's products.
- Consults with customers (including distributors, contractors, and owner's personnel) on proper application, assembly and installation of the company's products.
- Trains installation personnel in the proper assembly and installation techniques.
- Consults with various company department heads and advises on service and product shortcomings effecting remedial action as required.
- 50%-75% "on the road" business travel, heavy at times. It will require business travel to the various plants and job sites
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's in Engineering required (Civil/Mechanical preferred).
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred and desire to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license in the future.
- Must have the ability to apply standard engineering principles and to develop solutions incorporating available products and procedures
- Must have a general knowledge of construction equipment and its capabilities, and construction practices and procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.