A Safety Specialist/Safety Coordinator is needed for a leading manufacturing organization in the Huntsville, AL area. The Safety Specialist/Coordinator is responsible to conduct formal safety audit of activities related to construction and equipment installation. The Safety Specialist will be responsible to ensure that the company complies and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of related safety experience within an industrial construction or manufacturing setting. Candidate must have at least an OSHA 500. This is a long-term contract slated to last at least a year.
location: Huntsville, Alabama
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Perform daily safety checks on site to confirm compliance with safe work requirements
- Prepare safety audit documentation and issue follow-ups
- Create job safety analysis documents
- Perform Accident and incident investigation follow up
- Conduct formal safety audit of activities
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Safety (2 years of experience is required)
- OSHA (2 years of experience is required)
- Industrial Construction (2 years of experience is required)
- Job Safety Analysis (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.