Seeking a talented and ambitious civil engineering professional to join a downtown Milwaukee office. In this position, you will be responsible for civil engineering design and documentation related to site development and infrastructure improvements for building projects. Qualified Candidates should have: BS Civil Engineering, 2+ yrs of experience Site Design, and Civil 3D
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work independently to complete civil engineering design tasks and coordinate activities with the Project Manager and project design team.
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Engineer and design team to provide quality service and solutions in response to the client's needs and project schedule
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate specific project considerations and requirements to others.
- Prepare design and documentation of engineering solutions consistent with HGA's criteria and practices.
- Communicate with regulatory authorities and prepare required documentation to obtain site plan approvals and permits
- Complete civil engineering design tasks including roadway layout, parking layout, paving, site grading, storm water management practices, and building utility service connections.
- Make computations using engineering principles as required for civil design tasks such as earthwork volumes, storm water discharge, storm water management practices, pipe sizing and pavement thickness.
- Edit site work specification sections.
- Provide construction phase services including site visits, respond to bidders, review submittals, review change orders and prepare punch list.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an EAC-ABET accredited program
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam to obtain an Engineer-in-Training certificate
- At least two (2) years of experience in the design of site improvements for commercial, government, healthcare, or community project types
- Demonstrated ability and interest in designing site improvements
- Experienced with AutoCAD Civil Design 3D and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.