Seeking a Laboratory Supervisor in the Microbiology Lab for a high growth client in Lincoln, RI. The Lab Supervisor would be the main point of the contact to the rest of the organization for the Micro Lab. The incumbent must work autonomously and manage all aspects of testing, review and results approvals based on product specifications. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: Lincoln, Rhode Island
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage staff priorities including delegation of testing of samples, raw materials, in-process bulk, and finished product as per request following compendial methods.
- Verify and Approve LIMS data entries and support other data entry functions applicable.
- Assist management and lead with method suitability testing and reporting.
- Review environmental (water and settle plates) data and trending.
- Ensure all equipment is within calibration and coordinate on-site troubleshooting or assist lead with scheduling of preventative maintenance.
- Assist in the conducting of IQ, OQ and PQ including writing protocol and/or report, executing protocol, reviewing or submitting data, final review of protocol/report.
- Assist in the investigation of out-of-specification results (OOS) for finished products, raw materials, and/or environmental excursions.
- Assist in incident reporting and timely closing (deviations, CAPAS, change controls, etc...)
- Participate in daily Production meeting, and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in providing information across other departments regarding Micro releases, etc...
- Participate in additional cross-departmental meetings as SME for micro.
- Support general function of microbial laboratory including but not limited to; leading staff, supporting management with annual reviews, weekly updates with management to improve professional development within team and to introduce process improvements, assist with hiring process.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.