Large utility is looking for Construction Manager in Muskegon MI and other regional cities in MI. The projects are set up in groups, the projects are approximately 50-70 mile radius of each other. Will require travel. Each group will be done simultaneously and may require travel to more than one site in each day.
- Electrical Construction Management Experience
- Experience and knowledge of gas facilities construction
- Background in Electrical Construction or Electrical Engineering
- Experience and knowledge of Hazardous Location Class 1 Division 1 & 2 electrical installations
- Computer skills, excel, word
- Willingness to travel State-wide daily with possible overnight stays
- Expectation is to review drawings at different stages of review, attend all project meetings, direct work, schedule internal electrical inspector, submit reports daily, assist with redlines and closeout documents.
This is a contract position estimated to last 12 months, possible extension, possible temp to perm. Apply Now!
location: Muskegon, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for monitoring and managing the safety, scope, cost and schedule during the construction phase for a project and reports directly to the Project Manager (PM). All project team members, including contractor or company employees, assigned to the construction phase of a project report to the CM. The CM, with appropriate subject matter experts input, assures that the project construction adheres to applicable codes and specifications either company generated or industry standards.
Facilitates pre-construction meeting emphasizing safety and communicates any schedule or construction recommendations with PM.
Oversees pre-fab and onsite construction - monitors project safety, scope, quality, risk, schedule, and budget.
Reports progress daily to the PM.
Supervises contract inspectors and resolves issues including material, construction and scheduling conflicts.
Coordinates the testing and start-up of installed equipment, develops punch list and obtains signoff of the turn over check list from the Field Leader (FL).
Assists PM in providing O&M manuals and asset lists (form 300) to the responsible parties.
Ensures as-built redline drawings are submitted to Engineering.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Construction Manager
- Construction Management
- Field Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.