A Business Development Analyst is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Charlotte, NC area. Perform the duty of contract review by vetting all requested an/or required services and materials to perform the job. Coordinating with sales/customer and the purchasing group or the vendor to ensure we have all data needed to make a sound financial decision.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 24.01 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assess viability of Sales-derived and Market Development-derived services opportunities as needed
- Draft formal services proposals
- Create the playbook for quoting that adds consistency across all service divisions
- Assist in the development of tools and models that will increase the efficiency of the Business Operations group
- Include stage gate process with appropriate communications and approvals
- Conduct a lessons learned review on projects (processes, successes, failures, financials, etc.) on a regular schedule
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement activities after the lessons learned review
- Seek out consulation as needed from other departments such as Legal, GSM, Design, and Project Managment
- Work closely with the Systems Engineering group for design assistance.
- Communicate requests and deliverable expectations to allow the best utilization of resources
- Work directly with vendors to develop RFQ/RFP/RFI packages
- Work directly with customers to understand their requirements
- Manage the customer RFQ/Bid from inception to completion
- Review bid package and determine if within our targeted areas
- Interact with customer to achieve clarity where needed
- Communicate requirements to the appropriate supply departments (procurement, design team, GSM, etc.)
- Obtain quotes, internal labor cost, materials cost and model the project financials with assumptions
- Complete/communicate the transfer of all "won" projects to the appropriate services departments/personnel and follow up to ensure acceptance
- Prepare presentation, spreadsheets, graphs and reports as requested
- Assist the team with special projects or needs as requested
- BS or BA degree in technical or business field from an accredited college or university.
Exposure to / experience with the following:
- Services quote/bidding process (ex: responding to RFQs, RFIs, etc)
- Fiber optic network design, wireless design, and products
- Fiber optic/wireless network construction methods, equipment, and products
- Financial acumen
- Project estimating
- Ability to interface and communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with all levels of personnel internal and external to company and with various cultures
- Must be able to work in a high profile position that handles details of a confidential and critical nature
- Work effectively as both an individual performer and a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with fiber optic networks
- bilingual - English/Spanish
- DOD or other US Government agency quoting experience
- Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed concepts.
- strong interpersonal skills to support customer interface, consultative activities and work as part of a multi-divisional team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.