A Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Portland, OR area. We're looking for a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients' business.
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $57.14 - 96.42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
You'll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client's expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. You'll also provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce designs for electrical circuits and panels utilizing control applications, designs for control systems for a variety of processes, and develop options and optimizations for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation. You'll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise to mentor other professionals, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. Here's what you'll need:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical, or Mechanical
- At least 8 Years of experience working with Instrumentation and Control
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems and PLC systems.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Mission critical Datacenter design experience.
- At least 5 years of controls and instrumentation design experience for Building Automation System (BAS) projects. Experience with Siemens, JCI, Alerton, ALC, or Schneider BAS Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building automation systems components, temperature, humidity, pressure, flow instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems including air handlers, humidification systems, variable refrigerant flow systems, and cooling towers.
- Experience with Revit 2018, BIM360, Navisworks 2018, and AutoCAD 2018.
- strong communication skills both verbal and written
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-office, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Passion for buildings and construction
- Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. MS Visio and MS Teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.