A Testing Assistant is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Hickory, NC area. The scope of the position includes the execution of experiments related to optics, physics and mechanics. Assist in experimental execution Work with a team of scientists, engineers and technicians. Perform experimental and data collection.
location: Hickory, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 16.61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Candidates will assemble complex optical components (cable, fiber and connectors). Vigorous testing of the completed product, recording activity and observations, entering data/pictures into computer.
- Candidate need to be comfortable working with testing equipment.
- Candidate needs to be able to follow instructions and be inquisitive to ask for assistance when needed.
- Candidates need to be confident and independent to work without supervision to complete their work and process to completion.
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Candidate will work with microscopes and measurement equipment
Required to perform this job successfully:
- Computer literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and manage parallel tasks
- Ability to build relationships and interact with project team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands
- Good hand/finger dexterity, good eye sight; must be able to distinguish colors.
- High School; additional education a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.