Our client in Newberg, OR is a leading global manufacturer of portable machining, welding, and valve testing equipment. They have been in business for over 50 years and are known for having an outstanding reputation in the industry.
The position is a 3+ month temporary role (W2 thru our company, Randstad) for a Procurement Specialist role. Our client is seeking someone with a good understanding of purchasing and inventory.
They are looking immediately and will need someone onsite at their office!!
location: NEWBERG, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 17.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for providing support to projects, including scheduling, expediting, and purchasing. Generates and tracks Purchase Orders.
- Coordinates activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Issues purchase orders/contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Researches various suppliers to meet the manufacturing needs of given products.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Interacts with ERP system to include, entering, updating, and editing product and vendor information.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- procurement (3 years of experience is required)
- cost analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.