Permanent position: A Structural Engineer with steel experience is needed for an Estimating Design Engineer position west of Milwaukee, WI. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in designing structural components and preparing quote sheets for the sales group. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing company in Wisconsin. Please apply today.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Client will not support the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
location: WAUKESHA, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Estimating Design Engineer prepares quotation documents, quantity take-offs and 3D designs of structural steel work platforms for teh sales department.
- Design and check work platforms/structures (both) framing and columns.
- Prepare quantity take off of work platforms/structure components.
- Prepare quote sheet.
- Create CAD drawings of column layout on work platforms/structures.
- Communicate with sales regarding platform/structures design.
- 3D structural design software
- Design framing layouts for approval drawings creation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in Steel, preferred and 0-2 years related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with 3d CAD software for structural design, Steel experience preferred.
- Experience with quoting and material take-offs
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Structural (1 year of experience is required)
- Civil (1 year of experience is required)
- Estimating (1 year of experience is required)
- Sheet Metal Design (1 year of experience is required)
- Quote Sheets (1 year of experience is required)
- Quantity Takeoffs (1 year of experience is required)
- CAD (1 year of experience is required)
- 3d Structural Design (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.